Sex Addiction Warning Signs
- Compulsive masturbation
- Frequent cheating on spouse or partner
- Multiple or anonymous sexual partners and/or one-night stands
- Consistent and prolonged use of pornography
- High-risk unsafe sex
- Compulsive phone or computer sex (cybersex)
- Prostitution or use of prostitutes / escorts
- Exhibitionism and exposing self in public
- Voyeurism and/or stalking
- Sexual harassment and/or violation of sexual boundaries
- Generally, a person with a sex addiction gains little satisfaction from the sexual activity and forms little or no emotional bond with his or her sex partners.
- The problem of sex addiction often leads to feelings of guilt and shame.
- A sex addict also feels a lack of control over the behavior, despite negative consequences (financial, health, social, and emotional).
- Often someone with a sexual addiction has made several unsuccessful attempts to stop or control the behavior (e.g. discarding porn, deleting phone numbers, etc).